Sometimes making hard boiled eggs isn't as easy as one would think. I can't even tell you how many times it hasn't worked out for me. Embarrassing, I know!
Every time I made them I had to call my mom. For some reason I couldn't remember how! Maybe it's because I'm sleep deprived...we'll go with that. One time I wrote the instructions down and put them somewhere safe, so safe, the next time I needed them I couldn't find them anywhere.
Looking online proved useless because there are about 7,200 different ways to make them apparently. I have never had a successful hard boiled egg when I cooked them for 10 minutes...that's not long enough. I always use large eggs...so that could be the reason. Anyway...
I am posting the directions today, even if it's for my benefit more then anything but I hope you can benefit too.
The Perfect Hard Boiled Egg
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water
- Cover saucepan with a lid
- Place pan on stove top, and turn on high
- Bring the water to a boil
- Turn off heat, keep the pan on the heat
- Let sit for 20 minutes
- Drain water
- Fill saucepan with cold water to cool the eggs
- Eat right away, or refrigerate
So why can't I remember!
How cute is this?
I've got to try it!